Systek Labs, Inc.
5421 Rose Marie Ave N
Boynton Beach, FL 33472-1009
Phone: +1.561.734.3467 Mobile: +1.561.317.6161 Fax: +1.561.734.5037 AOL / Y! Text IM: rlockhart / robklockhart Email: MSN / Skype Text & A/V IM: email@example.com / rlockhart
Summary: Over 20 years’ experience in the wireless data telecommunications industry, in both product design, development, and management in one- and two-way paging systems and global standards development in such diverse arenas as Infrared, third generation mobile phone, WAP, Bluetooth, and CALEA communications. Internationally recognized expert in telecommunications spectrum usage and planning, and in wireless standards and protocols.
Standards Activities   Including Spectrum, Regulatory, and Standards work with respect to WWAN, WLAN/PAN, and Homeland Security technologies.Liberty Alliance Project – Co-ordinating Editor for various expert groups defining Federated Identity, Web Services Foundations, and various Web Services.
Bluetooth Regulatory Working Group – chaired working group, linked to the World Customs Organization and many national regulatory agencies. This group’s ongoing charter is to homologate the 2.4 GHz regulatory environment with respect to spectrum, type acceptance/approval, mutual recognition, customs and tariffs, and the like.
WAP Forum, WAG Sync Data Synchronization Drafting Committee – chaired and co-authored the WAP Forum’s published data sync standard based on SyncML. This group’s charter was to define a data sync standard for use within the WAP environment.
- TSG-T2, Data Synchronization - held rapporteur position of and co-authored 3GPP's published data sync standard based on SyncML. This group’s charter was to define a data sync standard for use within the 3G environment.
- Generic User Profile joint ad hoc and TSG-T2 Generic User Profile – co-authored the initial 3GPP TSG-S1 Stage 1, 3GPP TSG-S2 and 3GPP TSG-T2 Stage 2s, and 3GPP TSG-T2 Stage 3 specifications, plus held initial rapporteur position of the 3GPP TSG-T2 Stage 2 and Stage 3 specifications. This group’s ongoing charter is to define a profile and data parameter standard for use within the 3G environment.
- WLAN/PAN over WWAN ad hoc - held rapporteur position of and co-authored the starting submission for WLAN/PAN usage over 3GPP networks.
Infrared Data Association (IrDA) IrMC, OBEX, Architecture Council, Board of Directors – chaired/convened and co-authored the published IrMC specification, co-chaired/convened the published OBEX specification, current chair of the Architecture Council, and member of the Board of Directors. (IrMC and OBEX controlled base specs in WAP, Bluetooth, and 3GPP.)
CALEA (US Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act of 1994) – held editor position of and co-authored four (PCIA, AMTA) published CALEA “safe harbor” specifications covering one- and two-way messaging, wireless packet data, and traditional SMRs that have withstood direct scrutiny by the FBI.
PCIA’s TDP Suite, TAP, TNPP – held editor position of and co-authored the published TDP Suite of Standards; held editor position of and co-authored the published TAP and TNPP alpha paging and network protocols in use in all paging systems in the world. These are now held in the AAPC.
ReFLEX™ FLEXsuite™ – creator of and co-authored the published FLEXsuite™ application layer.
Product Experience   Including software and hardware design and development and product and program management.
M3X Media, Inc. – Chief Technology Officer.
Motorola, Inc. - Paging Systems Infrastructure and Messaging Products Groups – began career as an analog and digital design and development engineer and worked up through managing engineering efforts with P/L control for global paging systems activities. The products ranged from stand-alone automatic messaging software, through 100 pager manual encoders, up to million-plus subscriber national and two-way messaging systems.Firsts Within These Groups Include:
- Co-designed and shipped first minicomputer-based product.
- Designed and shipped first microprocessor-based product.
- Co-designed and shipped first multiprocessor-based product.
- Defined architecture for, co-designed, and shipped first country-wide system adaptable for multi-national use.
- Co-designed and led team that designed, developed, and shipped first portable data system.
- Led team that designed, developed, and shipped first profitable large-scale (i.e., one million plus lines of code) individually specialized software product.
- Led team that designed, developed, and shipped first system with a wireline-to-wireless email interface (e.g., Minitel, Datex-P).
- Led team that designed, developed, and shipped first pure software-only product.
- Defined architecture for and led team that designed, developed, and shipped first 8-bit data messaging system.
- Defined original system architecture for two-way messaging systems in use by all two-way messaging systems manufacturers.
US Patents Issued and Awards Granted:
US Patent # Date Title #4,247,908 1981 Re-linked Portable Data Terminal Controller System #4,641,364 1987 Function Coding via Digital Addresses in a Two-Way System #5,283,832 1994 Paging Message Encryption #5,347,268 1994 Data Handler for Handling Data Having Multiple Data Formats #5,666,107 1997 Method and Apparatus for Efficient Roaming Among Communication System Multiple submissions in process Numerous Motorola Global Standards and Patent Awards
2002 – Current Systek Labs, Inc. Consulting Agency 1974 – 2002 Motorola, Inc. Most Recent Position: Director, Strategic Business Operations 1972 - 1974 Andrew Corp. Manufacturing Engineer Education BSEE, Purdue University
Last Updated: 01 May, 2012